SFB - Échangeurs de chaleur à faisceau tubulaire avec tubes en SiCProduct Description and Technical Data
Type SFB has the shell and jacket-side tubesheets made of stainless steel, the baffles are made of PTFE, the tubes of silicon carbide and the distributors on the tube side are entirely glass-lined. The service fluid is introduced into the jacket side, the tube side is supplied with the product.
The space is equipped with a drainage hole in the lower part to enable a visual check for the presence of leaks, but it can also be pressurised or connected to an automatic control system when particularly dangerous products are being used. SiC Tubes
- The tubes are made of Hexoloy SA silicon carbide by Saint-Gobain Ceramics.
- They are approved for use by: WRC, Water Byelaws Scheme (UK), DVGW Ministry of Health (D), FDA (USA).
- They have high thermal conductivity, double that of tantalum, 5 times that of stainless steel, 10 times that of Hastelloy and 15 times that of glass.
- Silicon carbide has an excellent resistance to corrosion with practically all chemical substances up to 200°C.
- Silicon carbide has very high hardness - 50% greater than tungsten carbide, and it is therefore extremely resistant to wear. It is also completely impervious and therefore offers total impermeability at high temperatures and pressures.
- Pressure : - 1 / +6 bar (FV/87psig)
- Temperature : -25 / +200 °C (-13°F to +392°F)
- VSR/AD-Merkblätter/ASME VIII div.1/CE stamp
- PED 97/23/EC module G cat. IV
- Vessel G2208 dark blue, light-blue or white
- Sigma glass anti-static electrically conductive glass in blue
- Phi glass thermally conductive glass in medium blue
More specific data can also be obtained from our laboratory.Glass-Lining controls: as per DIN 28063
- Visual control
- Thickness control
- Spark Test as per ISO 2746 after Glass-Lining: 20.000V and before shipping: 12.000V