In case Customer needs to re-glass a part or a complete reactor or vessel, this can be done in our specialized workshop.
- Re-glassing and refurbishing of reactors and vessels, receivers, storage tanks and stirrers
- Re-glassing and repairing of the glass lined vessel and the accessories
- Refurbishing of mechanical seal, gear box and electric motor
- Refurbishing of covers C-clamps and nozzles backing flanges
- Substitution of sight glasses
- External painting
- 3rd part inspection, FAT testing,
- PED calculation & CE certification
Description of the service:
- Disassembling of all accessories from glass lined vessel
- Shot blasting internal and external for removing glass-lining and paint.
- Cut off heating jacket
- Shot blasting internal jacket, external reactor body removing corrosion.
- Check of wall thickness on reactor body and jacket, verify with drawing.
- Welding repair where required
- Stress relief heat treatment,
- X-ray testing on welding repair,
- Grinding internal
- Internal visiting, hydraulic pressure testing with 3rd part inspection
- Liquid penetration test all internal of reactor body
- Internal grid blasting preparation for glass-lining
- Glass-lining cycle (ground coat and several cover coats)
- Glass-lining test as per DIN 28063 incl. spark testing 30kV ISO 2746 (note that ISO 2746 require 20kV only, this in order to guarantee complete homogeneous glass thickness and free of any defects in all layers) (only for non conductive glass)
- Welding on jacket and supports
- External grid blasting SA 2 ½ and preparation for painting
- External ground painting thickness 80my
- Shot blasting, glass-lining cycle to impeller, welding on new shaft end as per DIN 28159,
- Baffle re-glassing.
- Refurbishing of mechanical seal & pressurization system (internal cleaning, seal faces and gaskets substitution with new ones)
- Re-assembling of accessories, agitator and pedestal for drive unit to reactor.
- Mounting refurbished double mechanical seal and its pressurization/lubrication system.
- Mounting refurbished gear box (in case of belt drive stage, belt will be changed if necessary)
- Mounting of refurbished electric motor
- Mounting new gaskets to all used nozzles
- Pressure testing after lining internal/external, 3rd party inspector
- Running test, FAT test
- CE marking, including PED 97/23/EC Cat. IV, Module G. and ATEX certification (optional)
The re-glassing activities will verify if the actual condition of reactor/vessel can satisfy all the originally requirements; in the case they cannot be satisfied, actions will be taken according with the customer. Replaced materials will be selected to suit design data.
- Glass G22-08 thickness from 1,0 to 2.2mm as per DIN28063
- from 0.8 to 1.4mm inside nozzles
- Plug free and free of any defect
- Testing and documentation as per DIN 28063
- Visual inspection of glass surface
- Measuring glass thickness (delta scope)
- Spark testing after lining with 30Kv to EN14430 ISO 2746 (not applicable for conductive glass)
- Spark testing before shipping with 12KV (not applicable for conductive glass)
- Statiflux testing before shipping (check for hair cracks)
External surface treatment for not insulated parts:
- Metal grit blasted SA 2½
- Primer paint by 2-comp. Epoxy zinc RAL grey 40µm
- Intermediate paint by 2-comp. Epoxy zinc RAL grey 40µm
- Final paint Blue RAL 5005, thickness 40µm
- Or according to customer's specification
The reactor will be supplied ready to ship completely assembled horizontally lied onto wooden supports. Agitator will be blocked inside the vessel by means wooden wedges; rubber and wooden nozzle covers for transport will be foreseen.